Monday, May 20, 2013

Harvest Monday - May 20, 2013

The first harvest of the season is very exciting!!!  Asparagus!!! 

Freshly harvested Asparagus!!
 
Can you see the spears?
 
In other garden news, this year all 3 apple trees are blooming!!  Super Excited!  Last year two of the trees took a break and didn't even bloom.  The third bloomed, but since there was no cross pollination, no apples..
 
Apple trees
 
Plum trees just done blooming
 
Cherry tree blossoms
 
up close.....
 
For others' harvests go to Daphne's Dandelions............ 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'll never have that pollination issue. My neighbor's crab apple tree hangs over my fence. It always blooms. This might be my first year for apples. Last year I picked them all off as it was its second year and I wanted it to send its energy into growing. It is a lot bigger this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...asparagus! We haven't yet experienced "the first asparagus harvest"! Your looks delicious and perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the blossoms are breathtaking. I have apple trees, but I'm so far south and we haven't had a good winter in years - so no good amounts of blossoms. Yours are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fruit trees are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete