Thursday, May 9, 2013

Seedlings 2013

This year I started my pepper and eggplant seeds beginning of March.  I've noticed that they take the longest time to germinate.  Beginning April, I started tomatoes, melons, and flowers - dahlia, zinnia, marigolds etc.,  Ichiban Eggplant is a new variety for me.  Other than that I have FairyTale, Mixed nad Long Purple varieties of eggplants.  Peppers are red and green bell peppers, banana peppers, KungPao and Cayenne chili peppers.  I also managed to germinate 6 bittergourd seeds out of 20+ seeds saved from a grocery store bittergourd. 

This year, I've downsized on varieties of tomatoes. Brandywine, Beefsteak, Rutgers and Early girl. Melons are personal size watermelon and Sweet and Early cantelope(just like last year).  Here's how they've grown. Then there's red and green cabbage, brocolli and kohlrabi. 

Our time for planting hot weather plants outdoors is after Memorial day. Until then, they bask in the sunlight near a window....


Dahlia, Bittergourd
 
Kohlrabi, Marigold
\
Onions
Tomatoes, Eggplants
 
Peppers and Eggplants
 
Peppers
 
Melons
 
Ichiban and Fairytale eggplant on left and (different) flower seedlings.
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment: