Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Harvest Monday, Aug 6th, 2012

This week, last of the red onions got harvested.  They were bulbs bought from Menards and I think the results were better than last years.  Last year, I got the onion bulbs from Walmart and most of the onions produced flowers and as a result onions were small and 'woody'.  This year, very few out of the entire set produced flowers.  Onions were mostly medium sized, with a few large ones. 

To visit other gardeners produce for the week, go to Daphne's Dandelions Harvest Monday.

Red Onions Harvested
Kale

Asparagus beans, bush beans(first of the season), cilantro, cucumber, tomato

Asparagus beans, cilantro, radish pods, blackberries, cuke, zucchini

Zucchini, tomato

Cucumber, green chillies


Bush beans




7 comments:

  1. I think that is a lovely harvest. I especially like the onions. I'm going to try growing some for fall planting in Mobile, Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't know you grow onions in the fall....

      Delete
  2. Nice harvest! Are your Thai chilis hot? Mine are so mild, I need to figure out if it was the seed or maybe too much water? I try and water when the leaves get droopy because I heard that jalapenos won't get hot if watered too much, and I wondered if maybe that held true across the pepper family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't planted thai chilis this year! Just Cayenne and Kung Pao. I had the same problem with Thai chillies, they were tiny and mild. Both of the latter varieties are larger and also spicy.

      Delete