Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Harvest Monday - Sept 24, 2012

This harvest is past our first light frost for the year!  As the frost was early Sunday morning, Saturday saw me busily picking out whatever I could salvage and then covering up everything as much as I could!  Being a windy day, it was hard to keep everything covered (:

Even the melons - 2 watermelons, 2 cantelopes were harvested, none of them ripe enough.  Tomatoes with lighter green colors were all harvested.  I did plan on covering them all, but somehow a frost means very watery tomatoes (when ripe).  Only brussel sprouts, chards, kohlrabi, carrots and beets were not picked/covered as they could withstand light frosts.

Thanks to Daphne for hosting Harvest Mondays, here's my contribution.

Cantelope(ripe), tomatoes, longbeans, cukes, okra
 
Tomatoes, ripe
 
Green tomatoes, before frost
 
2 watermelons and 2 cantelopes - not ripe.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment